Where do I find algo.memrec?

This page talks about using algo.memrec to calculate memory requirements, but it doesn't seem to exist on our installation of 3.5.7-enterprise:

Neo.ClientError.Procedure.ProcedureNotFound: There is no procedure with the name `algo.memrec` registered for this database instance. Please ensure you've spelled the procedure name correctly and that the procedure is properly deployed.

Google is failing me. Is this something that was removed?

Have you installed the Graph Algorithms plugin? if so what version? The plugin is typically installed into $NEO4J_HOME/plugins.

Does a call dbms.procedures() yield name where name starts with 'algo' return name; return any results?

Yes, I've installed the Graph Algorithms plugin: v3.5.4.0 (graph-algorithms-algo-3.5.4.0.jar). Here's the output of call dbms.procedures() yield name where name starts with 'algo' return name;:

"algo.allShortestPaths.stream"
"algo.articleRank"
"algo.articleRank.stream"
"algo.asPath"
"algo.balancedTriads"
"algo.balancedTriads.stream"
"algo.betweenness"
"algo.betweenness.sampled"
"algo.betweenness.sampled.stream"
"algo.betweenness.stream"
"algo.bfs.stream"
"algo.closeness"
"algo.closeness.dangalchev"
"algo.closeness.dangalchev.stream"
"algo.closeness.harmonic"
"algo.closeness.harmonic.stream"
"algo.closeness.stream"
"algo.degree"
"algo.degree.stream"
"algo.dfs.stream"
"algo.eigenvector"
"algo.eigenvector.stream"
"algo.graph.info"
"algo.graph.load"
"algo.graph.remove"
"algo.infoMap"
"algo.infoMap.stream"
"algo.kShortestPaths"
"algo.kShortestPaths.stream"
"algo.labelPropagation"
"algo.labelPropagation.stream"
"algo.list"
"algo.louvain"
"algo.louvain.stream"
"algo.mst"
"algo.pageRank"
"algo.pageRank.stream"
"algo.randomWalk.stream"
"algo.scc"
"algo.scc.forwardBackward.stream"
"algo.scc.iterative"
"algo.scc.iterative.stream"
"algo.scc.multistep"
"algo.scc.multistep.stream"
"algo.scc.recursive.tarjan"
"algo.scc.recursive.tunedTarjan"
"algo.scc.recursive.tunedTarjan.stream"
"algo.scc.stream"
"algo.shortestPath"
"algo.shortestPath.astar.stream"
"algo.shortestPath.deltaStepping"
"algo.shortestPath.deltaStepping.stream"
"algo.shortestPath.stream"
"algo.shortestPaths"
"algo.shortestPaths.stream"
"algo.similarity.cosine"
"algo.similarity.cosine.stream"
"algo.similarity.euclidean"
"algo.similarity.euclidean.stream"
"algo.similarity.jaccard"
"algo.similarity.jaccard.stream"
"algo.similarity.overlap"
"algo.similarity.overlap.stream"
"algo.similarity.pearson"
"algo.similarity.pearson.stream"
"algo.spanningTree"
"algo.spanningTree.kmax"
"algo.spanningTree.kmin"
"algo.spanningTree.maximum"
"algo.spanningTree.minimum"
"algo.triangle.stream"
"algo.triangleCount"
"algo.triangleCount.forkJoin"
"algo.triangleCount.forkJoin.stream"
"algo.triangleCount.stream"
"algo.unionFind"
"algo.unionFind.forkJoin"
"algo.unionFind.forkJoin.stream"
"algo.unionFind.forkJoinMerge"
"algo.unionFind.forkJoinMerge.stream"
"algo.unionFind.mscoloring"
"algo.unionFind.mscoloring.stream"
"algo.unionFind.queue"
"algo.unionFind.queue.stream"
"algo.unionFind.stream"

hmm.. yeah with Algo 3.5.0.4 and Neo4j 3.5.5 I'm seeing the same as you.
I have entered Github issue algo.memrec appears to be missing from 3.5.4.0 · Issue #905 · neo4j-contrib/neo4j-graph-algorithms · GitHub

@bgreenlee please download and use http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/com.neo4j.graphalgorithms.dist/neo4j-graph-algorithms-3.5.7.0-standalone.jar

Algo 3.5.7.0 should be available for direct download within Neo4j Desktop but if you are downloading Releases · neo4j-contrib/neo4j-graph-algorithms · GitHub it is not currently listed here. Please download from the link above and let me know if this is now resolved

So 3.5.7.0 fixed the missing memrec issue, but brought on other problems. See algo.similarity.overlap.stream returns (no changes, no records) in 3.5.7 · Issue #908 · neo4j-contrib/neo4j-graph-algorithms · GitHub

hi there,
i had installed desktop edition(v3.5.6 after updated) and then i replaced the old jar which doesn't have memrec and replaced with neo4j-graph-algorithms-3.5.13.0-standalone.jar .
Now when i restarted the database it goes error below error
is there any mismatch of other file version here?

2019-12-09 09:29:16.617+0000 INFO ======== Neo4j 3.5.6 ========
2019-12-09 09:29:16.630+0000 INFO Starting...
2019-12-09 09:29:17.910+0000 INFO Initiating metrics...
2019-12-09 09:29:20.138+0000 ERROR Failed to start Neo4j: Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabase@7d247660' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "org.neo4j.internal.kernel.api.procs.ProcedureCallContext". Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabase@7d247660' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "org.neo4j.internal.kernel.api.procs.ProcedureCallContext".
org.neo4j.server.ServerStartupException: Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabase@7d247660' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "org.neo4j.internal.kernel.api.procs.ProcedureCallContext".
at org.neo4j.server.exception.ServerStartupErrors.translateToServerStartupError(ServerStartupErrors.java:45)
at org.neo4j.server.AbstractNeoServer.start(AbstractNeoServer.java:187)
at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:124)
at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:91)
at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.CommercialEntryPoint.main(CommercialEntryPoint.java:22)
Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabase@7d247660' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "org.neo4j.internal.kernel.api.procs.ProcedureCallContext".
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:473)
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:111)
at org.neo4j.server.AbstractNeoServer.start(AbstractNeoServer.java:180)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error starting org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.GraphDatabaseFacadeFactory, /Users/baseer/Library/Application Support/Neo4j Desktop/Application/neo4jDatabases/database-4d0c57ac-6fad-4f03-ba34-d47bbe1af103/installation-3.5.6/data/databases
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.GraphDatabaseFacadeFactory.initFacade(GraphDatabaseFacadeFactory.java:230)
at com.neo4j.commercial.edition.CommercialGraphDatabase.(CommercialGraphDatabase.java:20)
at com.neo4j.server.database.CommercialGraphFactory.newGraphDatabase(CommercialGraphFactory.java:40)
at org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabase.start(LifecycleManagingDatabase.java:90)
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:452)
... 5 more
Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component 'org.neo4j.kernel.impl.proc.Procedures@58015e56' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "org.neo4j.internal.kernel.api.procs.ProcedureCallContext".
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:473)
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:111)
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.GraphDatabaseFacadeFactory.initFacade(GraphDatabaseFacadeFactory.java:225)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lorg/neo4j/internal/kernel/api/procs/ProcedureCallContext;
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2583)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1916)
at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.proc.FieldInjections.setters(FieldInjections.java:90)
at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.proc.ReflectiveProcedureCompiler.compileProcedure(ReflectiveProcedureCompiler.java:296)
at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.proc.ReflectiveProcedureCompiler.compileProcedure(ReflectiveProcedureCompiler.java:247)
at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.proc.ProcedureJarLoader.loadProcedures(ProcedureJarLoader.java:114)
at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.proc.ProcedureJarLoader.loadProceduresFromDir(ProcedureJarLoader.java:85)
at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.proc.Procedures.start(Procedures.java:323)
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:452)
... 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.neo4j.internal.kernel.api.procs.ProcedureCallContext
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
... 21 more
2019-12-09 09:29:20.143+0000 INFO Neo4j Server shutdown initiated by request

i got the problem,
its mismatch of db version and plugin version
when i use 3.5.6 with plugin version neo4j-graph-algorithms-3.5.13.0-standalone.jar i had issue the above mentioned.

what i did was when i use (or on new database with 3.5.13 ) and put the same jar neo4j-graph-algorithms-3.5.13.0-standalone.jar i don't have issue , it works fine
Note: just to whitelist all (you may specify specific)
dbms.security.procedures.unrestricted=*
dbms.security.procedures.whitelist=*

Just for reference, Graph Algorithms V 3.5.9 and more recent are only compatible with Neo4j 3.5.9 and above; if you're using Neo4j 3.5.8 or below, the most recent graph algorithms version that will work is 3.5.8.

When in doubt about version compatibility, check the release notes - we flag version incompatibility at the top :slight_smile: Graph Algorithms 3.5.13.0 - Neo4j Graph Data Platform