All of these commands are assuming I can create a functioning .dump file in Enterprise 4.0.* and for reasons unknown, I cannot.
The following are directions provided to me by Neo4j tech support, but step 3. Copy only yields a size 3KB directory with none of my data in it. So I'm unable to move beyond step 3.
1. [neo4j-enterprise-4.1.11]> bin/neo4j stop
2. [neo4j-enterprise-4.1.11]> bin/neo4j-admin load --from=import/movie35.dump --database=movie35
3. [neo4j-enterprise-4.1.11]> bin/neo4j-admin copy --from-database=movie35 --to-database=bar
4. [neo4j-enterprise-4.1.11]> echo "dbms.allow_upgrade=true" >> conf/neo4j.conf
5. [neo4j-enterprise-4.1.11]> bin/neo4j start
6. // create database bar in neo4j browser create database bar
7. [neo4j-enterprise-4.1.11]> bin/neo4j stop
8. [neo4j-enterprise-4.1.11]> bin/neo4j-admin dump --database=bar --to=import/bar.dump
9. import the bar.dump to AuraDB in your AuraDB console.neo4j.io
Here are the specific cmds I'm using with cmd line results:
C:\neo4j-ent-4111>bin\neo4j-admin load --from=import/graph3530.dump --database=graphdb
Done: 178 files, 369.0MiB processed.
C:\neo4j-ent-4111>bin\neo4j-admin copy --from-database=graphdb --to-database=bar
Failure when checking for recovery state: '%s'.Error reading transaction logs, recovery not possible. To force the database to start anyway, you can specify 'unsupported.dbms.tx_log.fail_on_corrupted_log_files=false'. This will try to recover as much as possible and then truncate the corrupt part of the transaction log. Doing this means your database integrity might be compromised, please consider restoring from a consistent backup instead.
[yes I uncommented dbms.allow_upgrade=true and added the unsupported bit to my neo4j.conf file]
Neo4j service started
[when I go to Browser and Create Database bar, NOW there are files in this database bar, but it's just a blank slate, it has none of my data... this bar database is 3KB in size... I should be able to see my data in Browser]
Neo4j service stopped
C:\neo4j-ent-4111>bin\neo4j-admin dump --database=bar --to=backups/bar.dump
Done: 67 files, 800.7KiB processed.
Having done all of the above, the result is a 3KB Enterprise 4.1.11 .dump file with none of my data so there's no reason for me to try to upload it to Auradb.
It would seem the error is in the Copy command not working? Maybe? I don't know and am grateful for anyone who can shed light on this issue.