Today complete 3 months since I first try to connect my Neo4j Desktop instance to a local NestJS project, and it still fails. And I don't know why.
What I did:
- deleted and recreated the database in Desktop. Didn't work (connection to Neo4j Browser OK).
- reinstalled Neo4j Desktop from scratch, cleaning all files & configurations. Didn't work (connection to Neo4j Browser OK).
- Grabbed samples of NodeJS & NestJS from the Internet (mostly Github or Medium articles), reproduced the connections steps. Didn't work.
- created a sandbox instance and headed my connection to this instance. Worked.
- created a local docker container with an enterprise server. Worked.
So, today I made another attempt to connect to Neo4j Desktop - failure again. This is what I did few minutes ago.
First I try to connect to a fresh DB instance in Neo4j Desktop:
It fails! However, the instance is OK. These are the current settings:
Then I created a fresh Sandbox instance in the Sandbox and change my settings to connect to it:
The connection is established and the app runs just fine.
All I can tell is that I am very confused, lost, mad, frustrated. I cannot explain why only Desktop has this behavior. For now, I have no expectations to use Desktop despite I consider it a great tool for developers, it doesn't work for me (if I want to connect the local database to my app).