Neo4J + Neomodel + Google Compute Engine: Connection Reset by Peer

Hi everyone,

I'm building a Django app that uses Neomodel to connect to a Neo4J (community) instance in Google Compute Engine. This works fine most of the time but every couple of minutes, I'm getting a "connection reset by peer" error. Can anyone point me in the right direction to figuring out why that might be happening? It's not a constant error, just something that happens occasionally but it's something that's affecting my app's performance.

Thanks,
Steve

Did you every find a solution to this? I have a similar issue with Neo4j running on AWS EC2, connecting from a Java/Spring application. From what I have been able to figure out, it seems that the issue has something to do with AWS (same for GCE I imagine) aggressively closing the network connections, after about a minute of inactivity I believe, which is normal and expected behavior for AWS. So, since the driver is pooling the connections, the first call fails, which causes it to re-establish the connection. Then the next call will succeed again. I have tried various configuration settings on the driver, none of which have worked.

I am facing a similar issue with the java driver. Neo4J is deployed on a virtual machine in an Azure subscription. Any help is appreciated.