Import OWL individuals to Neo4j

Hi all:

I am new to Neo4j and I am trying to import an ontology built using Protege 5 into Neo4j. I used the following two procedures

1. CALL semantics.liteOntoImport(...)
  2. CALL semantics.importOntology(...)

Both procedures worked fine. However, I found only classes, i.e., the TBox of the ontology, are imported whereas the individuals, i.e., the ABox, are not imported into Neo4j.

So is there any possibility that I can import individuals in an .owl file into Neo4j? Any suggestions will be much appreciated, thank you all in advance :slight_smile:

Regards
Chengke

Hi Chengke, you're right, the importOntology procedure only loads a subset of the elements in your ontology (as described in the neosemantics documentation). Essentially some elements from the TBox.

Depending on what you want to do, it may make more sense to do a full importRDF of your ontology. This will bring every single triple (ABox and TBox) into Neo4j.

Both approaches to import have it's differences so I'd recommend you have a look at the examples in the documentation and figure out what's the best one for you. It might well be a combination of both :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

JB.

PS: Note that liteOntoImport is deprecated so use importOntology instead.