Hmm, I am not quite sure if this is the right forum (there are way to many to choose from)?
However, I recently found the amazing jQA-dashboard: GitHub - softvis-research/jqa-dashboard: Dashboard for analyzing and visualizing software artifacts' data scanned with jQAssistant and stored in a Neo4j graph database. ... at least it looked amazing from the demo.
Nevertheless, I could hardly get it started. I wanted to work out a short demo with my customer project. When I could not get it to work, I wanted to use a pet project of mine. With both I tried several times but always failed.
I have the following issues:
- It is not clear how to use your own database:
- I started
- then started the dashboard
npm run dashboard(after
npm run install-dashboard)
- After some searching I found the settings page, where it suggested to use
bolt://localhostand neo4j/neo4j as username/password. Since I am not using Neo regularly I was confused. From jQA I knew that http://localhost:7474 should work and that authentication is switched off by default.
- It seems, both URLs/schemas work (http and bolt),
- it is not necessary to use ports (e.g., http://localhost:7474),
- but it seems to be necessary to leave username/password in place as pre-filled in the form?
- I started
- Then: How to see any "dashboard".
- Clicking in the navigation (e.g. http://localhost:3000/#/architecture/structure) mostly returns an error:
- Starting the Browser inspect reveals even more errors, e.g.,
- I guess most of it is typical for JS? But one would feel much better if there were less warnings
- In my latest try I could at least see some content, eg. for http://localhost:3000/#/resource-management/activity, I do tried more screen shots but as new user I was only allowed to upload two?
- My last issue currently is the off-Button in the upper right corner of severaly widgets? What is the purpose? It looks like most features are switched off by default? Switching it on shows a query: image deleted But when I press
sendit only prints a new stack trace to the console.