Upon first opening of Neo4j desktop, it gets stuck at Please choose path where you want to store application data

Upon first opening of Neo4j desktop, it gets stuck at "Please choose path where you want to store application data" I click on Confirm but it does not do anything! HELP!

I click on Confirm but it does not do anything! I am using Windows 10. Can anyone help me because I really want to learn Neo4j!

1 Like

Can you try to type ctrl-k and enter "desktop log" that should get you to the desktop log folder.
Can you share that log file from there?

I presume you have permissions for that folder?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for responding, the only thing I can do is browse the path for that question but the confirm button doesn't do anything. I have tried multiple times re-installing Neo4j Desktop 1.2.4 but still get the same. Do I need to install Neo4j 4.0 Community Edition and if so where is it?

Thank you very much,

**Ken **

Can you try to look in:

%USERPROFILE%\.Neo4jDesktop\log.log

Yes, when I enter it at my anaconda prompt I get the attached text file.

Thank you

(Attachment Neo4j_log.txt is missing)

Your system will not allow me to attach a txt file only a picture file. That does not make sense.

It will take a very very long time to take multiple pictures of the Text file. Is there another way?

Thanks

Your system will not allow me to send a Text file, what gives? Can I send it to you another way?

Below is a copy of the return email I got.

Thanks

Neo4j Online Community neo4jcommunity@discoursemail.com

Jan 24 at 1:19 PM

Unfortunately some attachments in your email message to ["neo4jcommunity+1c19d1605fb56a5dde872a4b0104af14@discoursemail.com"] (titled Re: [Neo4j Online Community] [Neo4j Graph Platform/Desktop] Upon first opening of Neo4j desktop, it gets stuck at Please choose path where you want to store application data) were rejected.

Details:
Neo4j_log.txt: Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif).

If you believe this is an error, contact a staff member.

I changed the setting, please try again

Hi Michael,

I had deleted the Neo4j Desktop 1.2.4 again and deleted the .Neo4jDesktop file so I could re-install the program. Still got the same results. So, here is the attached .Neo4jDesktop log file!

Thank you very much for your help.

**Kenneth Reid **

Neo4j_log2.txt (5.45 KB)

Can you check if you have Powershell installed and which version?

In your log files there is an error message:

No powershell available or is incompatible

Michael

Hi Michael,

The version I have is 5.1, attached is a screen shot of the power shell:

Hi Michael,

I am sure you are busy and that is why you didn't respond to my email of the 27th Jan.

So in case you didn't receive it, here it is again.

The version I have is 5.1, attached is a screen shot of the power shell:

Thank you my friend,

**Ken **

Michael, I hope you are receiving my email because I want to learn Neo4j and I am getting frustrated. LOL

Ken

Sorry, yes very busy.

I asked in engineering and field engineering and no one had an idea what it could be.
So we're a bit out of our depths here.

Can you get started with Sandbox or Docker for the time being?

Hi Michael,

I guess I can, but don't you have a community edition for windows? My learning journey zigs and zags, lol, I stop and start and the sandbox stops after a few days. I don't want to start completely over every time I come back to it. I hope we can get this fixed. Are your techs working on this?

Thank you,

Ken

Sorry for your frustrations :frowning:
I tried to explain it to them but they couldn't reproduce it.
So I'm not sure what would be the best way forward ..

Sure we do, you can download it from here:
(it's also linked from the main download page)

Hi Michael,

Can you put me in touch with your Tech dept about this issue so I can explain it to them?

Thank you, my friend,

Ken

Hi Michael,
This problem is driving me nuts! Can you please have Tech contact me? I would appreciate it.
Ken

Hi Krwins,
I am not sure if you still having this issue, but this is what I had;
I got exactly the same error msg (Confirm button does not do anything), when I tried to install New4j on Windows 10 Enterprise and the offline mode was enabled. I tried Windows 7 (offline mode disabled) and the "Confirm" button worked fine.
Good luck

on windows 10 i also get this error...