Setting apoc.import.file.enabled=true in your neo4j.conf

Did this get turned into a new topic? I couldn't find it in your topics and searching load. The suggested solution of adding file: in this thread doesn't work for me.

this does not work. I got this as error
There is no procedure with the name apoc.export.csv.data registered for this database instance. Please ensure you've spelled the procedure name correctly and that the procedure is properly deployed.

I guess you didn't install apoc correctly? Does the rest of APOC work for you?
.e.g call apoc.help("")

Hi! I would like to clarify if the following is a bug for Neo4j 4++ (4.2.1 Desktop):

After creating apoc.conf file with apoc.export.file.enabled=true line. I restarted Neo4j DB, and was able to call a simple export function
call apoc.export.csv.query('MATCH (n) RETURN (n) LIMIT 10', 'hello.csv',{})

I would like to programmatically check if this setting is enabled in my code before I make the export call. However, when I do call dbms.listConfig(), it shows that it is still set to "false".
The same happens for apoc.import.file.enabled=true.

I will do a workaround to parse the apoc.conf file for now. But my guess is this is a bug that is a result of Neo4j 3.5+ config..

1 Like

Hi, I faced same issue and was able to resolve it by creating the "apoc.conf" file as suggested here. Just to elaborate on the steps:
Step:1
To traverse to the Dbms folder, click the three dots (...), go to "open folder" -> DBMS, the dbms folder will open, then navigate to "conf" folder inside it & you could find the "neo4j.conf" file. Now you need to create a new "apoc.conf" file.

Step2:
In the dbms folder -> open “conf” folder -> create a new “apoc.conf” file by opening a notepad, then type the following 2 lines and save files as “.conf” file under “all files” in the same “conf” folder.

apoc.import.file.enabled=true

apoc.import.file.use_neo4j_config=true

Step: 3
Restart the dbms

4 Likes

oh man thank you so much for this!

I thought I was going crazy!

I'm using the Neo4j 4.4.5 Community Edition AMI from AWS Marketplace on EC2 and I tried the adding the following lines to /var/lib/neo4j/conf/apoc.conf with no luck:

apoc.trigger.enabled=true
apoc.import.file.use_neo4j_config=true

What worked for me was to add those lines to /etc/neo4j/neo4j.template instead and restart the server. Unfortunately this AMI was recently discontinued so I'm not sure how helpful this will be in the future, but it solved my problem.

Hi Michael, Thanks for sharing the steps...also any reference for Graph DB to RDBMS migration steps? thanks in advance