Ordering nodes by property

Can you give use some sample entries in the data file you're trying to import. It's a little hard to guess what data there is to work with and what you are trying to do exactly.

Well, I'm just taking baby steps towards solving a problem that my company is wrestling with.

Basically, we want to build basic process maps in Visio, something like this:

...Visio then has the functionality to export to excel tables something like this:

Excel

...which can then be converted to csv and translated into Neo4j. What i'm aiming for with regards this query is for Neo4j to compile the process maps into a sort of atlas, and so it's just a first step towards that. We're hoping to do things beyond that too, but I'm just kinda playing around and testing functionality at this point.

The Neoj4 visual looks like this after getting that query in place:

Awesome! You made it.

Baby steps are fine!

Graph DB's and Neo4J are conceptually different, so it helps taking things gradually:

1. Cypher is declarative language, so if you are coming from a programming background, that takes some getting used to. (There is the flavor of multiple inheritance, but that's usually a mess in OOPS).
  2. The key thing about Graph DB's is the relationship vs. in Relational DB's where it's the Table and the keys.

I recommend playing with the Movie DB example comes with Neo4J plus the various online tutorials and YouTubes. And of course, these community boards.

I commend Neo4J in creating such great support material! I don't think I've every seen such a well supported product in my career!!

I must admit, it is tricky to get my head round the approach. I'm fairly familiar with C#, and it's an adjustment to get into this declarative approach, as you say.

I have managed to do a fair bit with nodes and relationships, but when it comes to forming relationships using properties of the nodes it's a bit harder. I guess it's just fallout of trying to work from a CSV rather than just using cypher.

Thanks again guys.