Neo4J Maps

Dear Everyone,

I am learning Neo4J, and on reading the manual I am surprised how little information certain subjects have. I was reading the part about Maps, but you can't really get a grasp of how they work.

Can someone point me to the right direction where I can learn about Maps? Sidenote: I did see apoc maps, but I want to learn the fundamentals first before I start to use Apoc. Apoc just dramaticall increases the learning curve.

I would in essence also like to learn about Neo4J data structures in general after I have learned about maps.

Kind regards,
Tideon

Map is a Hash table. JSON in a way is string representation of Map. It just holds name value pairs of data.

Hello Anthapu,

Thank you for your response. I know what it is, but I don't know the syntax and rules with using it. I looked at apoc tutorial about Apoc maps, and in there the person already started to explain some of the gotcha's with concerns to Neo4J and nested maps and the need to flatten them.

So what I am looking for is a clear explaination and examples of how they (maps) are used.

Thank you in advance,
Tideon