Neo4j installation

I have been using Neo4j for some time now in Kali and never had a single problem however, when I tried to install it in Windows 10 I went away feeling total despair as it simply would not install

Firstly there's so many so called experts out there i'm sure most of then do not know what they are talking about as they just waffle and waffle and give no solutions

So I tried install both windows versions desktop and community and always received the same security error, so opened ports on my firewall (not happy) still to no avail installed 3 different versions of Java still no luck as my browser simply would not connect

Id appreciate some help from the community but please can I ask in laymen's terms and not 7 pages of drivel please

You might consider putting this question into the installation category and providing more details; folks may not be able to help you without you specifying:

1. What error did you receive? (Exact text / screenshot)
  2. What led you to make firewall changes, what were those?
  3. What current version of java are you using?

https://community.neo4j.com/c/neo4j-internal/installation

Thanks for the quick reply i spent 5 hours trying everything and have decided never to use Windows again i was foolish for thinking anything would work correctly

Installation Linux 5 minutes and everything working fine :slight_smile:

The firewall changes were recommended by other people having trouble and the versions i tried were 7 8 and 11 none of which worked

error message was

WebSocket connection failure. Due to security constraints in your web browser, the reason for the failure is not available to this Neo4j Driver. Please use your browsers development console to determine the root cause of the failure.

database simply would not connect

Anyway all is resolved thanks again to Linux the god of all OS

For future reference, that error message has debugging information here:

Nope i tried all of those solutions several times i even installed different versions of Neo and all the same

Thanks David but i have been in IT 27 years i did do some research before complaining :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help really appreciated