Neo4j in IoT and time series

Hello,

I'm rather new to Neo4j
I use InfluxDB as my time series datastore. However for IoT Asset/Device Management I'm considering using Neo4j.
With this in mind can InfluxDB be a part of my Neo4j device management db? Or, in these use cases, IoT - device management & time series, is Neo4j used for both?
My preference would be continue to use InfluxDB for time series data.

Thanks for any info.
Guy

Hi @guy.dillen,

Here you can find comparing between InfluxDB and Neo4j: InfluxDB vs. Neo4j Comparison
I don't know details about your projects, but for me if you can using InfluxDb in IOT part of you project it not neccesery to using new technology like Neo4j.

Hi @maciej.krzywdaa,

Thanks you for your reply.

However I know the differences between a time series (eg InfluxDB) and a graph database (eg Neo4j).
I was considering using Neo4j i for storing the meta data of all devices and their relationships. InfluxDB is not meant/not used for storing this kind of (meta)data. My question, maybe not clearly formulated, was:
Is it possible/best practice to make a “link” from the device management graph to the time series data (stored in InfluxDB) or storing also the time series data (instead of using InfluxDB) as part of the graph?

Thanks

Hi Guy,
I have the same question: What's the best practice for "linking" a graph database with time series data in another data store?
Did you continue to work on this? Could you point me to any resources to learn more about this (web searches didn't turn up any obvious answers)?

Thanks,
Tim