Michael Graham, California, GRANDstack contractor

Hello everyone!

My name is Michael, and I'm a contractor working with Neo4j on the neo4j-graphql-js package as part of the GRANDstack, a project of Neo4j Labs.

My story:

I studied philosophy and computer science in college. Afterward, I worked on educational software for symbolic logic, which I still very much like! I became interested in full stack web application development and eventually became a user of Neo4j (from SQL) because I could express and view my understanding of data in a graph-theoretic way. I had become a big fan of graph theory during school, so this was wonderful for me.

I've now discovered more about the community around Neo4j. I still find it surprising and beautiful that there are so many people thinking about the world in graphs. That's what first captured my attention with Neo4j, and it still does every day. For a while, I thought I had some unreasonable obsession with graphs. But I definitely feel like a part of the Neo4j community! :stuck_out_tongue:

I also see some of the same phenomena within the GraphQL community - the willingness to think about and model data as a graph. That's why I've been so interested in the Neo4j-GraphQL integrations. So I would love to have a chat with anyone who wants to know more about Neo4j or GraphQL. I haven't been as active in the community as I'd like to be and I'd like to change that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for everything you do~

My info:

Email: michaeldgrahams@gmail.com
Twitter: @michaeldgrahams
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-d-graham/

2 Likes

There he is!!! Happy to have you here, Michael! :smile:

1 Like

Philosophy AND computer science: two very different applications for logic.

1 Like