I'd like to connect a neo4j database to a simple minimalistic website where you can create objects, properties and connections simply and intuitively, (likely in a tabular format)

Like the title says, I'd like to create a site from which you can create objects, properties and connections to other objects, and store them in a neo4j database, creating a semantic web. Does anyone know how to do this?

Hi @alekshanni ,

I advise to keep your topic short and simple so that it is easier for other members of the community to help.

Also, it depends what framework website is on, as Neo4j has drivers for Python, Java, Javascript and others as listed in the Graph Academy website for Neo4j: Overview for Neo4j.

You could try looking into this websitehttps://neo4j.com/graphacademy/training-graphql-apis/enrollment/ using API callings to send JSON format info to your desired website.

Hope that this helps :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely try this. Also if I may, what do you think concerning this project as an attempt to take on building the Semantic Web?

1 Like

I have been thinking of something similar.

The approach I have been pursuing is to use google sheets with automations to manage the nodes and edges, and then import that into an Aura database.

John

Hi @alekshanni and @clements.john.j ,

I am afraid I cannot answer that as I am still developing my skills in the Neo4j platform.

But as far as analysis goes it does offer more insights like link prediction and community detection.

If I had to do it on other RDMSS like postgreSQL or others like it, it would be prove challenging

Coming in a little late, but I may be able to help: Restagraph was designed to do that kind of thing. Short version: you define a schema that it stores in Neo4j, which it then uses to autogenerate a REST-ish API. It's not actually REST, but it uses that general idea, so it's a useful conceptual starting-point.

I just released an updated version; the announcement is on this page.

Webcat combines the Restagraph engine with a schema I use as my own KMS, and cl-webcat is a (very primitive) web GUI that I use on top of it, because even I don't often have the energy to use curl as a UI :)