Graph App 'Neo4j Browser' is damaged and can't be opened. Please re-install the app

Also, please send me your log files (ctrl or cmd + k and type 'log') and select desktop log file to get to it. I'm available at oskar.hane at neo4j.com

It was marked as solution as it resolved my problem. I ran into same problem with the previous update i.e. 1.1.16 and the newer update resolved my issue. My system config is win10 64bit Neo4j Desktop version 1.1.17 and my Neo4j browser version is 3.2.18 and it's working fine.

1 Like

Hi,

I am also having same problem from Friday. I am using neo4j-browser v3.2.17 and Desktop v1.1.17 in Windows 10. I tried deleting the folder as you said. It unfortunately didn't make a difference. In the log file, I see the following.
[2019-03-18 12:30:42:0489] [error] Graph-App 'Neo4j Browser' execution blocked: signature verification failure.

Error: Installed Graph-App signature has been changed.
at f (C:\Users\AppData\Local\Programs\Neo4j Desktop\resources\app.asar\dist\main.prod.js:1:36351)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)

And btw I have no idea how to update the browser to v3.2.18.. Thank you.

Could you close Neo4j Desktop, start it and then grab the log file and send it to me please?

I am running on a MacBook, and I have Desktop 1.1.17 and Browser 3.2.17.

(Attachment log.log is missing)

Mailed you the log file..

1 Like

Hello again,

I manually downloaded and added the Browser v3.2.18(from the url in the log file) and it works. However the browser v3.2.17 still gives me the same error (and also there is no way to remove it from the Application panel).

Thanks for the info!
Yes, it's the update that is failing for some reason. We are investigating at the moment.

The workaround for people having this issue is, as you say, install latest neo4j-browser as a separate graph app using: https://neo.jfrog.io/neo/api/npm/npm/neo4j-browser/-/neo4j-browser-3.2.18.tgz

2 Likes

This works for me, Thanks!

Hey! I am on Windows platform.
Can you tell me how to install the package separately?

1 Like

Hey.. In Neo4j desktop, select the Graph Applications tab in the side panel. Paste the URL (above) and install. And then you can add it in your project (Add Application)..

1 Like

This is the only workaround currently helping

Thanks. This is working. Can you let us know how to uninstall 3.2.17 browser and make the new one as default

Indeed the workaround works, however just so that you know, you will loose your saved scripts :( .. most probably there is some way to retrieve them in some configuration file, I did not have time to look for them.

I got the same question with the v1.1.7 when I re-installed the application. It runs fun at the first time I install the app. I re-install the app with some other problem. But when the second installing finished, I can't create a Graph with the problem 'Database failed to create: Error: Could not change password'. I tried to click the Neo4j browser I got 'Graph App 'Neo4j Browser' is damaged and can't be opened. Please re-install the app'. Waiting for the solution.

can you check in ~/Library/Application Support/Neo4j Desktop/Application/graphapps and delete the two browser entries there,

and also from the JSON file in ~/Library/Application Support/Neo4j Desktop/Application/persist/graphapps.json

I did that yesterday and then it worked after a restart

2 Likes

Thanks for the info..I had this problem as well. Installed 3.2.18 but had to manually delete the old version folder in the graphapps directory for the problem to go away. All good now..i hope!

I am facing the same problem.
Graph App 'Neo4j Browser' is damaged and can't be opened. please re-install the app
I have uninstalled and installed application several times but still same error. This is really annoying now.

I am using Neo4j Desktop - 1.1.17 on my machine.
Can anyone help?

It actually keeps happening very often, last week itself I clean installed it and today again it's giving same issue.

I'm a new user and am having the same issue - have reinstalled three times now. It was working originally about a week ago but I don't know what changed.