Failed to load auth plugin

I have followed this link ,added the library to plugins folder and changed the neo4j.conf file but i get the below error in log

2019-11-21 16:05:56.641+0000 WARN [o.n.i.p.PageCache] The dbms.memory.pagecache.size setting has not been configured. It is recommended that this setting is always explicitly configured, to ensure the system has a balanced configuration. Until then, a computed heuristic value of 3109091328 bytes will be used instead. Run `neo4j-admin memrec` for memory configuration suggestions.
2019-11-21 16:05:56.944+0000 INFO [o.n.g.f.m.e.CommunityEditionModule] No locking implementation specified, defaulting to 'forseti'
2019-11-21 16:05:57.178+0000 ERROR [o.n.k.i.e.EnterpriseEditionModule] Failed to load security module. Caused by: Illegal configuration: Failed to load auth plugin 'plugin-AuthPlugin'. Illegal configuration: Failed to load auth plugin 'plugin-AuthPlugin'.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal configuration: Failed to load auth plugin 'plugin-AuthPlugin'.
	at org.neo4j.server.security.enterprise.auth.EnterpriseSecurityModule.illegalConfiguration(EnterpriseSecurityModule.java:352)
	at org.neo4j.server.security.enterprise.auth.EnterpriseSecurityModule.createPluginRealms(EnterpriseSecurityModule.java:300)
	at org.neo4j.server.security.enterprise.auth.EnterpriseSecurityModule.newAuthManager(EnterpriseSecurityModule.java:162)
	at org.neo4j.server.security.enterprise.auth.EnterpriseSecurityModule.setup(EnterpriseSecurityModule.java:89)
	at com.neo4j.security.CommercialSecurityModule.setup(CommercialSecurityModule.java:56)
	at org.neo4j.graphdb.factory.module.edition.AbstractEditionModule.setupSecurityModule(AbstractEditionModule.java:155)
	at com.neo4j.commercial.edition.CommercialEditionModule.createCommercialSecurityModule(CommercialEditionModule.java:134)
	at com.neo4j.commercial.edition.CommercialEditionModule.createSecurityModule(CommercialEditionModule.java:126)
	at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.GraphDatabaseFacadeFactory.initFacade(GraphDatabaseFacadeFactory.java:203)
	at com.neo4j.commercial.edition.CommercialGraphDatabase.<init>(CommercialGraphDatabase.java:20)
	at com.neo4j.server.database.CommercialGraphFactory.newGraphDatabase(CommercialGraphFactory.java:40)
	at org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabase.start(LifecycleManagingDatabase.java:90)
	at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:452)
	at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:111)
	at org.neo4j.server.AbstractNeoServer.start(AbstractNeoServer.java:180)
	at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:124)
	at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:91)
	at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.CommercialEntryPoint.main(CommercialEntryPoint.java:22)

Jar file name:

AuthPlugin.jar (inside plugin folder)

neo4j.conf

dbms.security.auth_provider=plugin-org.neo4j.example.auth.plugin.MyAuthPlugin

dbms.security.plugin.authentication_enabled=true
dbms.security.plugin.authorization_enabled=true

Neo4j Version:

neo4j-enterprise : 3.5.12

The repo you're using is probably a bit out of date. In paticular if you're compiling it just as is, you're depending on a version of Neo4j that's too old to be loaded into Neo4j 3.5.12.

See your dependency versions here:

Update as appropriate -- I think your root issue is a mismatch between your plugin dependencies and the version of Neo4j you're actually running.

1 Like

learned how to compile maven on eclipse and now everything is fine, the problem is me not knowing how to do lol, i was creating a jar file of the whole project without following instructions (because lack of understanding of eclipse and java on eclipse), sorry for this, request you to delete the question :stuck_out_tongue: