I have Neo4j Enterprise installed on GCE and also Desktop. How do I connect remotely to the GCE instance from the desktop? I try using the browser URI with bolt port but the instance is not configured and it doesn't appear that I can access the dbms configuration settings.
To connect to the Instance running on GCE from your local Neo4j Desktop, you will need to:
- In your project, Add Graph
- Click "Connect to Remote Graph"
- Enter the correct URL for your GCE instance, for example:
- Enter the proper credentials
- Activate that New Graph
Now when you start the Neo4j Browser within Desktop, it will connect to the remote graph.
On the GCE end, you will need to make sure:
- Your Neo4j instance is started
- The following is set in your configuration:
- Your GCE firewall rules allow inbound connections to the defined BOLT port (default 7687).
I hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply David.
I confirmed that I am performing the steps you suggest:
- I use the External IP reported in the GCE Dashboard: bolt://xx.xxx.xxx.xx:7687. The https version of this URI works in my Chrome browser
- Credentials are correct and are the same ones used in the chrome browser connection
- Confirmed GCE settings are correct:
I still get:
Also, what database name does the Neo4j Desktop want? I tried the database name listed in the Neo4j browser Database Information. the Project Name, the Project ID, even the instance name, none seem to work.
Since you have dbms.connector.bolt.tls_level=REQUIRED
Make sure that you select the box: "Use Encrypted Connection" selected when you enter your credentials.
The Database name you enter is up to you and just locally indicates a name within the Desktop - it does not match this anywhere.
Ooohhh... I knew it was something bonehead on my part. Works now.
Thank you sir,